Lion’s Head is one of the hikes you need to do when you live in Cape Town and when you visit Cape Town, but it is not for the faint hearted.
I thought I was ready, but I think a little more practice would not have hurt.
It is a tough climb, and no it is not a hike. You will be climbing to the top.
A few tips:
- Wear good hiking shoes and comfy work out clothes.
- Take enough water and some energy bars or fruit
- Start Early (preferably as the sun will hit you)
- It is always busy, set aside enough time
- Do quite a few smaller hikes first if this will be a first climb for you (trust me on this one)
After all the sweat and so many breaks the view and feeling of accomplishment was worth it. Bucket List ticked.
“The View Never gets old”